Who is it for?
The sessions are for artists and producers, from all disciplines and at all career levels, that are keen to learn how to adapt or make work for rural touring. The sessions will cover how to approach getting your show programmed by rural touring schemes, what makes a show appropriate for rural venues and audiences, and how rural touring can work alongside mid-scale touring, and your other ambitions.
There will also be a selection of sessions that may appeal to experienced Rural Touring Artists. A full schedule will be made available when registration opens.
About this event
When is it?
The sessions will take place over six half days in the first two weeks of October.
What will happen?
Please note – sessions with an R next to them will be recorded and will be available once they have finished to watch on our Rural Touring Mechanics Notion page.
Mon 4th October | 10am – 11.20am
– Welcome and Key Note Speech – R
Mon 4th October | 11.30am – 1pm
– Rural Touring – The National Context; The Good the Bad and The Ugly – R
Wed 6th October | 10am – 11.20am
– What does touring rurally look like? – R
Wed 6th October | 11.40 – 1pm
– Hearing from the schemes; how schemes select work and programme it into venues – R
Fri 8th October | 10am – 11.20am
– Artists take over – How rural touring has influenced the way I work …… – R
Fri 8th October | 11.40 – 1pm
– Networking and discussion of content so far
Mon 11th October | 10am-11.10am
– Rural Touring – its not all about Village Halls ! – R
Mon 11th October |11.20 – 12.15
– Working in libraries
Mon 11th October |12.20 – 1pm
– All things technical – R
Wed 13th October | 10am – 10.45am
– Finance – R
Wed 13th October | 10.50am – 11.40pm
– All things Staging and Design – R
Wed 13th October | 11.45 – 12.15
– Accessibility issues to consider when touring rurally – R
Wed 13th October |12.10 – 1pm
– Marketing – R
Fri 15th October | 10am – 11am
– Producing/Budgeting /Tour booking – R
Fri 15th October | 11.10am
– 12pm – The Future for Rural Touring post Covid and the future of Digital work in the sector -R
Fri 15th October | 12pm-1pm
– What Next?
How will it be delivered?
All the sessions will be delivered online. There will be one central platform, Notion, which will be our ‘hub.’ The sessions will all involve a live element so that you can interact with our speakers and each other.
We will use a variety of online tools to deliver these sessions in order to give you the best experience possible. Some of these tools you will be familiar with such as Zoom, and others may be new to you, but we will guide you through how to use each tool along the way.
We are aiming to make all our sessions as accessible as possible, but if you have any questions or requirements please get in touch: email@example.com
How much is it?
Rural Touring Mechanics is free for all.